Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Decorating with Moss

 
Over the weekend, I saw a simple table centerpiece at a local store and I couldn't get it out of my mind:  It was a large cylindrical glass vase filled with large chunks of mood moss.  It was so simple yet it made a stunning decoration.

I decided today, since temps were in the 50’s and snow is expected tomorrow, that I would go out in the woods and hunt for some moss of my own.  I was able to find some gorgeous pieces of mood moss and lots of sphagnum moss.  Now all I have to do is find the right container (TJMaxx or HomeGoods would be great sources) and I’ll be ready to go.  In the mean time, I found several inspirational examples for how to use moss to create unique organic displays.

via
via
via
via
This site had step-by-step
directions for making this moss letter.
via
via
via

No comments:

Post a Comment