Friday, November 18, 2011

The Marble Countertop Debate

via
I love the look of marble countertops in kitchens.  I desperately wanted them for my own kitchen when I was replacing the countertops but after all my research, I decided to go with granite.  Ultimately, I didn't want to be obsessed with worry over stains & etching but to this day, I still pine for them.  For those of you who are interested in the marble debate, I found this post on Simplified Bee - solutions in home organization & design:  "Yes or No to Carrara Marble Countertops in the Kitchen?" I found the comments section very informative - there was no clear consensus but I thought there was good "food for thought" for those of you who are considering marble.

I also found "Good Questions:  Why Not Do White Marble Kitchen Countertops?" at Apartment Therapy (I really enjoy their website - great ideas for small spaces).

If any of my readers have considered marble countertops or actually have them, I'd love to hear your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment