Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again...

As the days of summer disappear and the leaves turn their beautiful fall colors, many of us are turning our attention, once again, towards home projects. As it happens to all of us now & then, life events had gotten in the way of my blogging but I have decided to restart my posts & continue to share my remodeling and decorating adventures/projects again. Hopefully you will find some useful advice or at least some food for thought when diving into your own projects – maybe you’ll even be inspired to try something new.

As I restart my blogging adventure, I have some sad news to report - We lost another member of our house dog team: Drucker, our much beloved 15 year old Cocker Spaniel, passed away in May.

He was a great source of pure love & joy in my life and sometimes I feel like I can hardly breath without him. However, I know his beautiful heart & soul would want us to find happiness and contentment again. Drucker always had a happy, joyous, content disposition (from the first moment we saw him until the day he died) and he was always a trooper, even though he had many health problems over the years. He filled my world with pure happiness and made my life feel complete. Hopefully Drucker and his sister Callie are now chasing balls and napping together somewhere in the great beyond. They are both greatly missed but stay forever in my heart.

On the flip side of the coin, the now lone house dog, Bailey, doesn’t seem to miss his “siblings” to much. He LOVES having all the attention at all times and enjoys not being slowed down by any older dogs. I think he’s been dreaming of these days for a while. J He always wants to stick his nose into EVERY thing, and he loves to supervise, so I think that role will be sufficiently filled.

So here’s to restarting the journey, minus a couple members of our team, but still moving down the road to exciting new endeavors…



No comments:

Post a Comment